Updated: May 23, 2019
Being one of the richest source of Vitamin C, Amla enhances nutrient absorption, eliminates free radicals, and helps in flushing out toxins from the system. And acts as a powerful antioxidant. Inspite of knowing the enormous health benefits of Amla, many people avoid taking this fruit because of its extremely sour taste.
Let's understand its various health benefits and easy ways to incorporate it in your daily diet.
1. Relieves from acidity - because of its fibre and water content and it's great anti inflammatory properties , it help soothes the intestinal lining and thus curb acidity.
2. Improves Calcium absorption - We might be consuming enough calcium through our diet but the amount of calcium absorbed through the food ingested depends upon various factors. Amla helps in better absorption of calcium in the body.
3. Acts as a diuretic - because of its diuretic property , it helps in the elimination of various toxins and unwanted and excess salt through urine.
4. Manages Diabetes - chromium present in Amla, has a powerful role to play in diabetic patients. It is known to stimulate the beta cells which produces the hormone insulin. Thus it helps in better uptake of sugar in the body and reduces sugar spikes.
Chromium is also responsible for good heart health as it reduces the formation of plaque and cholesterol build up in the arteries.
5. Anti - ageing - last but not the least. Every woman on this earth wants to look young forever. Though ageing is a natural and inevitable process , the process of ageing can be slowed down for sure.
The powerful anti oxidants present in Amla get you rid of free radicals which are the main cause of wrinkles , blemishes and age spots.
Besides the above mentioned benefits, Amla also improves immunity , appetite, hair quality , and eye health.
Let's add one Amla in our daily diet to enjoy the blessings Amla bestow upon us. Take it in the form of fresh fruit, juice ( can be mixed with a dash of honey ) , dried form, pickled or can be added in soups and curries.