"In ancient books of Ayurveda, the holy plant of Tulsi (Basil) has been given a lot of importance, purely because of it's benefits to human body. "
In modern worlds these benefits have been researched and approved scientifically as well. in today's article I bring you, the Health Benefits of Tulsi or Basil to our human body
1. Fights Common Cold: Consumptions of Tulsi (Basil) Leaves helps in fighting cold and the fever due to cold. Just pluck a few fresh leaves, eat them raw of make a paste and have spoonful.
2. Helps in clearing Cough: Make a paste of some Tulsi leaves. Heat & strain it to get some fresh Basil Extract. Apply this extract on your chest to get instant relief from Cough and Chest Congestion.
3. Heals Sore Throat: Just add two leaves of Basil (Tulsi) while preparing tea and give the concussion a boil before adding milk. Brewing Basil in tea will give you instant relief from sore throat. Have it hot.
4. Remedy for Skin Disorders: The holy basil herb is a good home remedy for skin disorders that are in the initial stages. Leucoderma has been successfully treated with holy basil herb. Make a paste of holy basil with petroleum jelly and smear on the affected area. Repeat this twice every day for best results.
5. Treats Insect Bites: Out for a Picnic or for an outdoor game? got an insect bite? Even before you get your first aid kit, just pluck and chew few basil leaves, make a paste and apply it on the area on insect bite. This would give an instant relief and help in treating it, this is because of it's anti-bacterial properties.
6. Treats Oral Problems: Have bleeding gums? Just make a paste or few young Tulsi (Basil) Leaves and rub it gently on the bleeding gums. In case of a toothache, take Basil extract and apply it on affected tooth and dab with cotton to get some relief in pain.
7. Those Headaches: When you come down with a headache after a long day, use Tulsi extract to soothe it. Take a few drops of Tulsi oil on a wet cloth. Now place this on your forehead for relief. You can also take vapour to reduce headaches due to sinus inflammation.
8. For your Shiny Strong Hair: Tulsi oil has been used for the hair in India for ages. To use Basil oil for hair, bruise a few fresh leaves of basil. Add coconut oil to this and heat gently on low heat. Apply this on your scalp before going to bed.
It's well said that Nature has a cure to a lot of problems, and so it's important to reply on a few simple things like Basil. Liked these tips or tried a few? Share your feedback in the comments section below. Don't forget to share these tips with your friends and family.